A Little Push
Here's your push...
We all need a little push every once in awhile. Life is busy enough that when you get into a rhythm, it is difficult to see where and when you need to switch things up...especially with your health and fitness goals. If you have been contemplating a new exercise routine, healthy eating strategy, or a new healthy habit (sleep more, drink more water, etc.) but haven't gotten to it...
What's in your way?
Maybe it's your schedule. You may be wondering, "How am I going to have time to add something else to my to-do list?" Or, you may be thinking, "This week is super busy...I'll get to it next week when things slow down." Life has a way of filling in all the leftover time on your schedule if you leave your scheduling up to life. BUT, if you own your time and you pencil in your appointments, obligations, and to-dos yourself, then you decide what goes where and who comes first.
Start with the unavoidable: hours dedicated to work, picking up kids, doctor's appointments and so forth...not to mention sleeping. Do you see how many hours are left of the 168 in a week? There is time, and you'd make better use of it if you commit to specific times to exercise, meal plan, grocery shop and prepare healthy foods.
Make yourself, your health, and your fitness a priority. Here are some suggestions:
- Meal plan and grocery shop for the week, making healthy choices.
- Prep some of the foods today or tomorrow for easy grab-and-go snacks and to cut down on meal preparation time.
- Choose days and times that you will exercise and put these times on your calendar.
- If you need to reserve a spot in a Yoga class or Cycle class, do that today or set reminders on your phone to call and reserve your spot.
- If you've been exercising, think of ways to take it to the next level....do you need to try a new class, hire a trainer, lift heavier weights? If so, make that part of this week's plan.
- If working out with a friend is better for you, call or text your most inspiring friends and see if you can go together...if they bail, that is not an out for you. Stay on your plan.
- Lastly, make it all fun and interesting. Investing in yourself doesn't have to be a chore or a punishment, in fact it shouldn't ever feel this way. Cook something that you are excited about eating - if you fail, no biggie, learn from it. Try a workout outside your comfort zone to see if you are stronger, or faster, or more flexible than you thought...get to know YOU! Push to see where your limits are.
I'm here for you. If you don't know where to start, email me and I'll help make a choice that works for you.
All my love,